View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 12:49 AM   #36
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
I'll just quote some "fuzzy" comments on this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
If I recall correctly, the main issue was not the ff, fi, etc ligatures. It were the obscure ones that almost no font has anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
it was not, primarily, the fs, that's correct, but that sure was a damned doozy.
What conforts me, is that you seem to understand each other... Do you?

On another recent MR thread but on the same topic, I found this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Have you tried font subsetting using Calibre?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Jon:

Yes, of course we have, and it does not automatically subset the shy, or any other punctuation symbols. OR ligs, for that matter...I think it's a super tool for people to save space, in their own files, but it has some drawbacks (like the ligatures), that make it a better choice, for us, to use Tox's program.
I am afraid that at this point something more clear and concrete is expected. You may be sued for defamation at the MR court.

I do not know of which "punctuation symbols" you were speaking. You only quoted the shy which is quite widely supported.

Last edited by roger64; 04-25-2018 at 01:04 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote