View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 03:08 PM   #74
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig View Post
All of this is totally off topic. The topic is "10 years from now" and not "what exists today".

While I agree that today's 2017 vintage hardware keeps ereaders and tablets largely distinct beasts, I still feel that they will merge in the rather distant future (e.g. 2028+) with the Triumvirate (ereader-tablet-phone) becoming a pair of just two dominate devices, the document handling device (ereader + tablet) and the more portable communication device (phone + email + messaging + social media junk).
I still think it's the tablet that will disappear, not the eReader. Bigger screened smartphones have been cutting deeply into the tablet market for a couple (maybe three) years now.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote