View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 01:53 PM   #70
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe D. View Post
Right now when I go to work, I am carrying my tablet (iPad) as a quick connected device and games carrier, my Remarkable as a notepad, and my Onyx Max 2 as a portable bookshelf. All combined, they are still lighter than my laptop (which I will sometimes carry as well).

I'd be happy to carry one less device if, say, the tablet could comfortably fulfill either the notepad or reading function. Right now it cannot - e-ink screen is really that much more comfortable for reading, and note taking on a hard surface screen is something I cannot do.

Now, with ereaders we are either talking niche products, or cheap reading devices. Both have their uses - in public transports I see a lot of Kobos and Kindles, in the hands of people who just want to read and like the comfort. My guess is that these people could be easily converted to regular tablets if they offered comparable screen comfort (like, full-color, e-ink-like screens) at not too high prices, but right now they seem to be sticking to their e-readers despite also having smartphones (I'm guessing).

On the large screen readers - they are expensive enough to be in the same price range as slightly smaller, full-purpose tablets, so I don't see them becoming mainstream items, but I don't see them being taken over by tablets either (I mean, large screen tablets were around before large screen readers), unless said tablets get dual display options.
Are you trying to tell me that people that buy ereaders don't have tablets?
People buy ereaders because they want to read in various places. I have both ereaders and tablets. I prefer reading on an ereader because it is easier and I don't have to worry about glare.
Tablets are not the same as ereaders.
Two totally different ideas.
By your logic, you need to find one device that will do semi do everything you want.
You said most people could be converted.
Try it yourself first.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote