View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 08:46 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
epub - force a 2nd pass to improve structure detection ?

I have a book , now in epub which probably came originally from pdf as the text flow is poor in some places.

I'd like to force calibre to try & improve matters, But I read somewhere that structure detection is not applied when the source is epub.

so do I need do 2 more passes i.e. go epub to ? and then ? back to epub and what format should the intermediate ? be please

or is my whole concept simply wrong/not workable ?

i decided to experiment with "the god delusion" which has been converted pdf to epub via a program called pdftoepub
( from web site pdftoepub.com )

now calibre will happliy convert that epub into mobi but when asked to converted it into rtf it fails part way through & the error details say something about mismatched brackets.

so is there such a thing as a non standard epub and is that pdftoepub program guilty of producing such a thing ?

Last edited by cybmole; 10-07-2010 at 09:09 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote