View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 01:17 AM   #181
DennisH
DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: K4NT, PW2
ebina1, and others who have opened a PW2,

My PW2 should arrive in the next day or so and I am keen to jailbreak it.

After viewing all the excellent pictures it seems to me that it should be possible to drill 2 (or 3 if necessary for an earth) 0.5mm or so holes in the back of the case directly above the terminal points to insert some wire probes or pins just long enough to load the jailbreak. Alternatively, a single 5mm or 6mm hole (which could be later filled with a solid grommet of some sort) would provide access to both terminals. I assume there will be an earth somewhere on the usb plug so only the tx and rx should need to be probed.

The success of such an arrangement would obviously depend on the accuracy of the hole(s) location. Firstly, I would be interested in any comments you may have re feasibility, and, secondly, if you would be able to provide some measurements or a template of how/where to locate the holes(s).

Also, did you use the PW1 jailbreak or some other jailbreak.

Thanks
DennisH is offline   Reply With Quote