View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 10:26 AM   #91
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by happysadhu View Post
Hello,
First off. Thanks for creating such an awesome plugin--very handy!

Overall, it works great. However, every time I finish selecting the sections to split off and edit the meta edit, the Calibre hangs while it is processing the new epub. The dialog box "Select Sections to Split Off" says "not responding". After a few seconds (e.g., 20 seconds), Calibre and the epubsplit dialog box returns to functioning normally. Is this the typical behavior of the plugin?
Pretty much typical behavior of any really intensive computer operation.
How visible depends on the size/complexity of the operation and the wimpyness of the system
This is standard on my ancient P4 (it even impacts my Solitaire game that I play while waiting on conversions).
Split has to have at least 3 sets of files open:
1) the original
2) the Split-off body
3) the Split-off CSS

and typically, #1 is not small, else why bother to split

If you think you HAVE a high powered system (by tomorrows standards ), check out you security suite settings, it may be part of the bottlneck.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote