View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 04:16 PM   #11
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
One of the biggest increases in my reading is due the instant availability. In my pbook days, when I finished my last new book, there could be days before I got my hands on a new one. Maybe I'd order one on Amazon or head to the library or book store on the weekend. I might borrow one from a friend or even read something on my shelf that I'd read before. That's rare for me but my husband did that a lot. Now, I have a new one instantly. There's no downtime. Plus I read for longer periods since it's more comfortable, so I go through books more quickly. I do get some books from the library but the selection of ebooks is poor compared to the selection of print. I think I probably buy a larger percentage of my books than I did before, too.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote