View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 11:35 AM   #14
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Don't agree with that.
Once you got your favourite set of apps you are used to working with (whether they are iOS or Android or whatever), it is a barrier to changing to a different platform.
There are lots of different interests, I guess.
If I look at my friends and colleagues, there mainly seem to be 2 consumer groups:
Group 1: Seems to be surprisingly big. The users who buy no or only few apps, books, movies, music, ...
I'm exactly the opposite. I spend maybe 5 to 10 times for "follow-up" items, as I spend for the gadgets themselves.
But I see an awful lot of consumers, having only few apps. And those few they didn't even buy. (Hello, Cydia).
Group 2: I'm one of those. To me, iPad and the likes are mere gadgets. Nothing else than toys, far from "serious or professional tools". I love the "new" aspect. I've bought lots of books more than once, to have them on all platforms. I've got my favorite navigational app on 3 platforms, for example. If I'd only replace the hardware every 2 years, I'd simply be bored. Testing new apps on the other hand is 80% of the fun. And given the extremely low prices for iOS or Android apps, that's not really an issue. "Time" may be an issue. But how much time does it really take, to replace your 10 or 20 core applications?

I see this all the time: Friends, trashing their hundreds of DVDs to jump onto the Blue-Ray-wagon. Before that, trashing their hundreds of CDs for MP3s and so on...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote