View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 01:11 PM   #3
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; iPad3, iPad Mini; Kindle Touch, Paperwhite
I really think it's worth it.

There are plenty of things I love about the PRS900.

The size really suits me. Still portable, but larger than your typical 6" devices.

3G is nice when travelling - I get my newspapers delivered in the morning. And I have bought books on the fly when bored in a hotel room. Well, ok, that might not be a good thing...

I love the touchscreen for taking notes on my PDFs. That's probably the main reason I bought a PRS900.

It's also very well built. A solid device, feels - and is - sturdy.

I love the access to various formats - I have downloaded a lot of free books, from Google, Project Gutenberg and so forth.

On the other side, it does have its problems. The glare is still there - it doesn't really bother me, but it obviously bothers some people. And it could have better contrast. SONY's software is... well, SONY's software. They are a hardware company, and it shows.

Overall... I think one should try it, and see if the screen contrast and glare are a problem, as that seems to be very subjective. But I think it's well worth its cost.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote