View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 11:46 AM   #58
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
It's just the latest buzz-word nonsense that gets attention from bloggers looking for site traffic. Next up... cloud 2.0! Now with "silver lining (tm)" technology.
Sure is. It's been all the rage these last few moons. I'm in the IT - I mean big Enterprise wide, mission critical systems and stuff. IBM's and such have been waving the Cloud flag and selling concepts like nobody's business.
It's funny though how the whole concept fails when you start asking the hard-hitting questions such as: Who controls my data? Who's responsible for outages? Who do I fire when things go wrong? Security? You are willing to sign the dotted line guaranteeing security? (Ah, didn't think so!)
Interestingly, most of these concerns are applicable to e-books or your music being stored in a "cloud". It's an ok concept, the same way online backups are. However, I still like to have a choice of keeping my own data on my own 5.25" floppy disk if that's what I fancied.
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote