View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 06:49 PM   #9
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I've loved these books for years and have read them several times. I enjoyed the Nadia May narration, but if I could only have one, it would be the written and not spoken version. The humor is so delicious, in that understated manner expressed by somewhat complicated syntax, that I appreciate it more if I can savour it.

I'm with Dazrin in that I think the key element, as with Hyacinth, is that Lucia is so unlikable. You're rooting against her and delight in each comeuppance. But she has to bounce back, or where's the story? A permanently crushed Lucia would be no fun at all.
Yes, I can see the first part of that, the reading now works for me on that level. But it took a couple of chapters from Nadia May to get to that point.

And yes, a permanently crushed Lucia would kill the whole thing.
CRussel is online now   Reply With Quote