View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 02:42 PM   #14
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
I agree with penforhire, it's not about e-books but about how our culture is evolving, in part as a result of the permanent instant global feedback the Internet allows.

On the other hand, the Internet also gives you tools to show and sell your works, even if they don't appeal to a majority of people (supposing the people who object to swearwords actually are a majority, and I have no idea whether that is true or not - they might just be the comments you notice the most). The world changes, some changes are good, some are not so good. But on the whole I think the Internet offers wonderful opportunities to creators who are not established yet.

The thing is to learn to listen to the comments, but not become a slave to them. Because you will find that some people hate your style, but others love it, and maybe they will love it for reasons you would never have imagined. You shouldn't become a slave to positive comments either of course. Just try to enjoy the exchange, but keep doing what you have to do

[For the record, I'm not a writer, but I am a painter, and there are more similarities than you'd think]
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote