View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 04:10 PM   #25
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Thanks rzikaou for uploading your example. It turns out that was important rather than my suggestion to use a book. I've never understood why there is a 14 byte difference between Amazon's offset into the rawml and where the text actually is. It turns out that for your azw3 the offset is 166 bytes. I have added a -o option to the azw3r.c and azw3r.pl attached to the first post and made a new github release.

I don't know whether it is possible to tell in advance what the offset is. I had to get yours experimentally. I moved your azw3r and rawml files into the same directory so that the command would merely be way too long instead of impossibly long.
Code:
azw3r -h -o 166 -i "Test article_CTD7HH6AE5BVXFGTFOTOV54NOREZMUWNa1bd4a78ed253ba5271d0cb7df407fda.azw3r" -r "Test article_CTD7HH6AE5BVXFGTFOTOV54NOREZMUWN.rawml"
1259    1269    Highlight:      'a thousand '
1184    1220    Highlight:      'On a bright</span> Monday in January '
1462    1518    Highlight:      'They packed themselves into a cheerful courtyard outside '
I have shown the "-o 166" at the beginning of the command for clarity. During experimentation it would be best at the end.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote