Thread: Outlines?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #27
ekster
Currently without a title
ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Specific, down to the last detail outlining is really not for everyone.

I agree that we all have some sort of idea of conflict, motivation and resolution before we start, but other than than a really fuzzy beginning and a really fuzzy ending, I'm most comfortable of letting the story write itself with the small exception if I'm working on a detective type story. As much as I hate outlining, I need to force myself to work one up for the clues to make sense and be interesting enough. But for anything else? I'm at the mercy of my characters.
ekster is offline   Reply With Quote