Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 02:54 PM   #264
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Version 2.0.0

After almost 1400 downloads of the previous version, I'm happy to finally announce version 2.0.0 of jbpatch (now renamed to JBPatch, for no particular reason).

The new version, which can be downloaded from the first post of this thread, was almost a complete rewrite: except for the actual patching logic, pretty much everything has changed because of the addition of the user interface.

An existing installation can be updated in the same way as a completely fresh installation would occur. However, because of the massive underlying changes, all previous settings will be lost and need to be configured again - sorry for that.

The new version is completely localizable. However, no localizations are included by default. You can download localizations for the UI, and for individual patches, from the Wiki page. At the time of writing, I posted the german localization for almost everything there. Please: if you like JBPatch and want to support it, create and contribute a localization for your native language - thank you!

Final note: I invested quite a bit of effort to create this new version. I tried to make it as user-friendly as I could, and thoroughly tested it to make sure that it does not contain bugs. However, I'm only human (despite my nickname ), so I may well have missed something. Please report any problems to this thread.

Known UI problems:
* "clicking" (tapping) on a patch entry in the overview screen of the UI may not always lead to displaying the patch details. You may need to tap multiple times. This is likely to be a bug of the Kindle Touch.
* the horizontal scroll bar of the log display of the System tab of the UI is not usable. This is likely to be a bug of the Kindle Touch.
If you find the cause of, or a solution to, either of these problems, please post them in this thread.

Edit: latest sources pushed to git repository.

Last edited by ixtab; 07-19-2012 at 09:36 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote