View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 02:57 AM   #1
MarkLFT
MarkLFT began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Samsung Tab
Add book from Calibre to Kindle App for Android

Please forgive me if this is a novice question, but I have been looking for an answer for a while, and nothing seems to work.

I have two eReaders, and old Kindle, which I can just plug-in and calibre sees it, I can then copy my books to it. All is great.

I also have a Samsung Tablet 7plus, an android device. I already have the Kindle app for Android installed, and can receive books via email or direct from Amazon, but I am unable to get books from calibre. Firstly the Samsung does not assign a drive letter when connected via USB, it shows as a media device. So I tied to drop and drag books into the kindle folder on the Samsung, the books are there, but Kindle for Android does not notice them or list them.

I can email books from calibre to my Kindle app on my Samsung, but I have 1000's of books, so emailing them would take forever. I also purchased the Calibre Library for Andoir software from the Google Shop, but this only allows me to download a single book at a time, and I still cannot see them in my Kindle app.

So my question is, is there a simple way, using USB, to get either calibre to talk directly to the Kindle for Android on my Samsung, or to get Kindle for Android to detect the books I have manually copied on to the Samsung device.

I welcome all advice, as I have been looking at this for sometime and get no where fast.

Thanks
MarkLFT is offline   Reply With Quote