View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 06:47 AM   #9
Backi
Connoisseur
Backi has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: PB912 Matt White
Attach arbitrary files

I proceed with this thread as it addresses an issue, which is really annoying: attaching arbitrary files.

I have several files, which belong to an ebook, like:
  • Source code archives
  • CD-ROM contents
  • Downloaded errata
  • Book discussions saved as html/mht/maff etc.
  • Own note files
Initially I put them into the book folder in the library, but realized that they were deleted after a change to the book title or author name! Affected folders were deleted by Calibre and created with new names without preserving all files. Fortunately I had a backup.

As a workaround I had to include them as an archive as if it was another format of the corresponding ebook. But that is nonsense, since it is not a further format.

Is there no possibility to implement a separate section or folder for (protected) attachements in Calibre?

Last edited by Backi; 05-12-2012 at 07:07 AM.
Backi is offline   Reply With Quote