View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 07:35 PM   #5
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM12743 View Post
Dear Wallcraft,
Bear with me, What is "Mobipocket Creator"? and how do I get it, and how do I use it? I am new to this type of programming, but ever since I received my CYBOOK3 for Christmas I have'nt been able to put it down!
At the developers' section on the Mobipocket website, there are two programs you might want to check out: Mobipocket Creator and Mobigen. Mobipocket Creator has a GUI (lots of buttons and other user-interface controls) while Mobigen is a command-line program. That's right, you have to start up "command" under the Windows "Run" menu... Not for the faint of heart and new user - best to stick with Mobipocket Creator.

On the other hand, there is a nifty program called BookDesigner which can take a .lit file (NOT one that has been laden with DRM) and, through the magic of good programming, directly import the files contained in the .lit right into the main BookDesigner editor. If there's no editing to be done - and there's *ALWAYS* editing to be done! - you can then just save to mobi format. Mobipocket Creator requires you to do the stripping from .lit to .html (using ConvertLit) on your own, whereas, as long as you have ConvertLit installed on your system, BookDesigner will handle it all for you.

BTW, Mobipocket Creator isn't all that great at "editing" the text/doc/html files - you're still probably going to need to do some "editing" before it looks good on your Cybook. That's where BookDesigner is, in my opinion, better - the editor is built in.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote