View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 09:04 AM   #124
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
It's cloudy and +1C this morning at 5:45 am. I tried to find a video of the annual polar bear swims, there are several in our area, but none are posted yet.

If unfamiliar with the swim, people, some in swimming attire, some in costumes and some in nothing at all go for a swim in our cold North Pacific ocean on the 1st of January. (some haven't slept and are continuring the New Year's Eve party, others are sucking in the smoke from that last cigarette before they quit again on New Years).

Good New Year to you all at MR.

PS: And yes, George Costansa was right about shrinkage.

There is a similar tradition in parts of the UK, but I suspect the North Sea and the ponds on Hampstead Heath are possibly a tad warmer...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote