View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 06:14 AM   #95
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Passing is a very good title for this book because the thing to do with is is to be passing it by for a better book.

Can we please have a good book for the next book? We've had 3 duds in a row. It's getting tiresome to be reading lousy books.
And yet, when I look back over the months before that, I see that the last three months have generated considerably more discussion. Granted, a fair amount of that discussion has been your announcements that the book sucked , but still, at least these last books have been interesting, each in their own way.

I expect Passing to generate a lot of discussion. There is so much ambiguity in this text that I doubt whether any two people will see it the same way. On the plus side, it was short: novella rather than novel, so that should have made you happy.

Having said all that, I think it would be better if the next book came from a different era - something more modern would make a pleasant change, I think. But we'll see what comes up.

Last edited by gmw; 01-30-2018 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Typo ("And" not "Any").
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote