Thread: MobileRead 2015 Categories Discussion
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 06:32 PM   #7
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I didn't see it that way. I thought "we" all* agreed.
At a minimum, a little more discussion seems necessary.
We ended the category nomination/voting periods in 2012 with a "we will take a break and then decide". When it was brought up in January this year WT Sharpe suggested waiting until August/September then decide whether or not we keep these categories or replace some. That was the end of the discussion.

As something to chew on in the mean time, I would like a poll with the current categories listed and have everyone vote on their three favorite categories and replace the bottom 2-4 with new selections. That should help us keep the ones we like and reduce the number of new categories we need to come up with. Sort of a compromise between full category selections and status quo.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote