View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #40
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
I tried your 3MB "slow" epub and it did take a little longer than others of around that size, but still it was only about 40 seconds, well under a minute for it in Koreader at 1747 pages. I noticed that it is full of hyperlinks, that will sometimes slow the processing a little. Large color pictures can drastically slow loading of epubs in most readers, also. I notice that it has a 20 page TOC that works in Koreader. All told, I think it loaded pretty fast. I admit that it seemed like a long time, when you are used to almost instant loading.

It could appear faster with the Kobo software as a good deal of processing for chapters and links takes place when it is loaded onto the device and included in its database.

Luck;
Ken
Thank you very much, Ken. I tried to open it again just then. Yes, it took about 40 seconds this time. I think the reason it took longer when I first tried it is that I probably "clicked" it a few times (maybe even tapped many places and tried to turn the device off because I didn't see any response) so the cpu stuck there. I just realized that a title doesn't turn black (being highlighted) when I tap on it in FileManager so it looks like the screen is not responsive while in fact an order is being processed. Inside a book in the Koreader icons will be highlighted to indicate I hit the right ones. A minor thing but perhaps the developers could add one line in the program to reduce the potential confusion when a large file is being processed.

Last edited by jshzh; 11-07-2013 at 05:52 PM.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote