View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #37
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
I've done this for years to keep my teens offline when they should be sleeping. I also set up specific times for one to access his favorite websites. It really helps my serious procrastinator run out of reasons to procrastinate.

On my router resetting it doesn't affect the settings. One actually has to get in via a password to change the settings.
I've helped many parents to set this up. Much more secure and much easier than parenting control software, if you have a good router. Often, it's cheaper too. The router invariably went into the storage closet (where the main connection for the cable modem normally comes into the house, in the Netherlands), which can normally be locked. Once, this was not possible, because the main cable was actually in the living room, so we bought a small lockable storage box, drilled a few holes in it for the cables and ventilation, and put the router in there.

*Any* router can be fully reset, causing it to forget all settings, or you would need to throw it away if you ever forgot the password. Mine has a button you need to press for 15 seconds, using a pencil. I think you are mixing up "reset" and "reboot".

Last edited by Katsunami; 05-16-2013 at 08:47 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote