View Single Post
Old 12-03-2016, 07:18 PM   #1
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Play Books experience on Android e-ink readers?

I've been thru my fair share of Windows CE, Sony, Nook and most recently Kindle devices and accumulated a library of DRM-free mostly ePub books.

While I prized the Kindle for the wireless books delivery I have recently discovered the beauty of the Google's Play Books app with coveted wireless delivery and supposed (haven't tried it on more than one device) furthest read sync on multiple devices.

As Amazon's own store is not the biggest source of books for me and looks like everyone but Amazon has switched to ePub, I'm now contemplating an Android-based e-ink reader so that I can read various ePub files with the Google's own Play Books app.

From my research it looks like besides Yota 2, no Android e-ink device has Android newer than KitKat (and some still come with pre-KitKat versions). So I'm wondering if anyone had used the Google Play Books app on their e-ink Android devices and what has experience been like.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote