View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 06:21 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
50 years from publication or death of author; whichever comes last.
I'm quite fond of this one, but perhaps a straightforward "70 years from publication" would be better.

I'm much in favour of increasing the certain length of copyright, and decreasing the variable length, even taking the variable amount to zero.

But with the Berne Convention in place, it would take an enormous amount of international effort to get copyright length changed to this extent.

I think the absolute best we could hope for would be a return to the Berne minimums. And realistically, I see no no chance of that happening in the US or in Europe.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote