View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 03:19 AM   #26
Norbi24
Connoisseur
Norbi24 doesn't litterNorbi24 doesn't litter

Device: Tolino Vision HD4, BOOX Poke2
Hi Pazos, Ok, understand, if there are no obvious longer delays in the implementation, let us forget it, but only for complettness, here are my observations of differences between Tolino FW10 (ICS) and FW12 (Kitkat):
(I tested having them side by side on the table and executing the same action and observing the result)

1. Starting KOReader from Smartlauncher opens the file browser
by cca 5 seconds *sooner* in FW12 KitKat
2. Opening the ebook is roughly the same
3. Going to next page, takes perhaps 1 second on FW10, on FW12 a little
longer (50-100 ms more ?) - I definitely always at first see the next page on FW10
and then immediately afterwards on FW12 - but it is minimal
4. The same is with opening menus - FW10 always first followed by FW12
5. I opened the Goto screen, to test keybord - this was difficult to observe,
but think also here I at first see the typed char on FW10, followed by FW12

But anyway, the page refresh is very pleasant also on FW12 and the difference is very small, no ghosting even though that I do not make any fulll refreshes ...

I then compared native Tolino reading apps on FW10 versus FW12 - only next page function:

1. Here often they are exactly the same
2. Sometimes FW12 is slightly better (but rarely also FW10 was better ...)

I have an impression that they maybe use any more optimized refresh mode,
as after a few pages, some ghosting can be seen (more in FW10, but I could observe it also with FW12 ... ) and then they enforce the **annoying** fullscreen refresh even though on both I configured it only after 100th page ...

So for me, the reading experience with KOReader is *much* better that with native Tolino app. Should I have only this on locked Tolino, I would have returned it back as this permanent full refresh would have been a no go for me

Thanks again for excellent work !
Norbert

Last edited by Norbi24; 08-26-2019 at 07:11 AM.
Norbi24 is offline   Reply With Quote