View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 02:39 PM   #4
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
I've been able to accomplish decent results using photo source sites, which can be very reasonable in cost depending on what you are looking for. When combined with a little Photoshopping, they can make quite nice covers.

Of course, you might want to consider more abstract cover designs... sometimes, they can be much more effective than trying to strive for photo-realism. Try spending more time with Photoshop by itself... you might surprise yourself.
Yeah... Well, I've created a piece using Photoshop and here's what I *managed* to come up with...

Derek
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9780615367897.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	738.7 KB
ID:	50942  
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote