View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 03:11 PM   #12
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
Kinda ironic, as Netflix, Zappos, and Amazon have by far the best online delivery services in my experience, and now Amazon has bought Zappos already.
Don't forget that Amazon also owns Audible as well...though it seems to exist as a sister company for legal reasons I am sure. One thing that bugs me about the coalescence of of companies really is harmful in the long run for the consumer. It leads to reduced choice as well as the inability of competition if there is too great a financial advantage of the larger parent brand, as in the Amazon name.

OTOH, I also sense that such assimilation induces developers and business mined sorts to be more innovative, creating new or vastly improved variations on the original theme.

I guess it's a mixed bag and we consumers never know what might happen.

BTW, in Harry's defense, does Amazon UK have VOD? If not he might not be aware of the service on Amazon US. In fact I just peeked and it does not appear that Amazon UK has a VOD service. I am sure that is a result of the licensing complications as well as maybe the whole broadcast rights thing since it's a lot different than here in the US. I am still coming to grips with learning that to own a TV you must buy a license for it. And remember, Harry knows a lot, I mean A LOT, but the dude can't know EVERYTHING, he is getting "up there" ya know so his noggin' might be near full? ...hehehe...sorry Harry could not resist the backhanded complement!! I really am needling ya!
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote