View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #116
JTravers
Groupie
JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
You know, after re-reading this I redownloaded the free version of Goodnotes and found that you're right, it's a very good app. I think I underestimated it because of its ugly interface. And boy is it ugly, especially the free version with the ads at the bottom. What is it with the wooden shelf, why does everybody insist on using this? Is it because it's easy to find cheap ugly fake wooden shelves to inflict on your users? Thankfully, now that Apple has abandoned it, some developers at least seem to be following suit. I hope GoodNotes will do it too.

But otherwise it has very nice features, and when I imported a PDF for a quick test it handled that very nicely. I'll try to field test it next time I need to annotate a PDF, and if it satisfies I may buy the full version.
Definitely agree about the wooden shelves. Not sure why that makes sense for a notes app. Fortunately, the developer will be submitting version 4.0 with a new UI and many other changes to the App Store next week. The dev seems pretty open to input, suggestions, questions, etc. and is active on Twitter.
https://www.twitter.com/goodnotesapp
JTravers is offline   Reply With Quote