View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 08:26 AM   #10
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Chapman View Post
Well, just the regular 'free speech' and 'open internet' arguments to be honest. I can easily believe that flibusta is not a very salubrious setup ... but if internet access were limited to people who I approve of, using the technology only for purposes that I consider wholly righteous, the world would be the worse for it. The sentiment attibuted to Voltaire, in fact: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.".
That doesn't cut it for me. Even in a democracy, there are all sorts of restrictions on free speech and for valid reasons. I have, in my time, defended all sorts of unpopular causes. If filabusta wants MY protection, MY willingness to fight for them, they need to prove to me they are worthy of protection. They blew it with what I consider culturally harmful behavior.

I have no moral obligation to participate in the destruction of what I consider important and valuable.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote