View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 08:21 PM   #6
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thasaidon View Post
I have been doing a little investigation. Just to make things clear it is the first time I have converted the HTM files concerned.

Before converting the last file I stripped out all formatting excepr for <p> paragraphs and <h3> headings,

When I converted the file the bulk of the text was controlled by the "Calibre1" CSS element with a font size of 1em. The only other text was the headings.

Has the way the Font Rescaling changed is it broken or am I missing something?
If your converted epub's html looks something like:
Code:
<body class="calibre">
<h3 class="calibre2"Chapter 1</h3>
<p class="calibre1">This is the first main body paragraph.</p>
<p class="calibre1">This is the second main body paragraph.</p>
<p class="calibre3">Third para contains really small text.</p>
and its css file something like:
Code:
.calibre {font-size: 1.5em; ...}
.calibre1 {font-size: 1em; ...}
.calibre2 {font-size: 2em; ...}
.calibre3 {font-size: 0.5em; ...}
Then I would expect your epub to actually display as follows, because font-sizes of nested items are multiplicative:
  • Main body paragraphs: size = 1.5em x 1em = 1.5em, i.e. 18pt
  • h3 headings: size = 1.5em x 2em = 3em, i.e. 36pt
  • 3rd small para: size = 1.5em x 0.5em = 0.75em, i.e. 9pt

The <p> and <h3> are children of <body> so they inherit the 1.5em from body css multiplied by any font-size (if any) in their own <p> or <h3> class.

Is this clear as mud?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote