View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 05:33 AM   #6
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
I recently stumbled upon Sean Boisen's 2006 article CSS for Interlinear Styling. Boisen suggested using the display: inline-block; property instead of tables. I decided to give it a try and found out that it actually works for ePubs, too.

I created a short test epub that validates and displays correctly in ADE; the compiled Kindle KF8 version also displays correctly, but the regular .mobi version doesn't.
Attached Files
File Type: epub interlinear_test.epub (2.5 KB, 495 views)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote