View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 04:29 PM   #9
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageReader
10,000 readers seems high to me too, particularly since in the forum recently there was a claim that total Librie sales (in how many years) was only around 5,000 units.
I got that number "over 5000" from a Sony press release somewhere -- I'm assuming that it's not much over 5k, or they'd have phrased it differently.

I think the main reason that Librie' didn't sell very well was that it would only do TXT and BBeB, and their content service only "sold" (or as rluazon will no doubt point out: "rented" ) you content for 60 days, after which time files would expire.

I thought about trying to get and hack a Librie' but the 60 days thing stopped me so fast that I didn't even find out about the TXT only limitation until earlier this year.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote