Thread: MobileRead October 2013 *Category* Poll
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 12:05 AM   #61
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
In December, have nominations for the 12 categories for 2014, ie as many categories as people want to put up, and then we vote in the top 12. Well, it would actually be only 11 if we stay with the Runner-Up category in January.
If it is one big vote, I would worry that we wouldn't get much variety. I think we only get as much variety as we do since we can see what else is already selected so we tend to vote (at least a little) for something different.

While I prefer sci-fi and fantasy for most of my reading, I would hate to see the book club look like:
2nd chance
Science fiction
Fantasy
Urban fantasy
Steampunk
Golden age sci-fi
Science Fiction Fact*
Hugo/Nebula winners
Splatterpunk
etc.

*Token non-fiction selection describing some sci-fi technology that is now available instead of just science fiction.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote