View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #113
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
My personal experience.
On my 5.2.1 firmware there where
  • jailbreak 1.2.N
  • simple_usbnet_1.1
  • libfreetype 6.8.1
  • launcher_1.2.2
    • reading timer
    • skipstone browser
  • kindlet-jailbreak-20120509
  • jbpatch_2.4.0
  • simple screensaver 1.0

The 5.3.2 update did not apply.

I first unloaded reading timer (to restore the filesystem) and then the launcher. No luck.
Then I uninstalled the simple screensaver. No luck.
Then uninstalled libfreetype. No luck.
Then uninstalled jbpatch.

At this point I could upgrade to 5.3.2. Well: IMHO the new interface sucks. Buttons, toolbars and menu bars looked much better before. Maybe I just need to get used to them. On the other hand it seems snappier.

So I could upgrade with jailbreak, kindlet jailbreak and usbnet installed.

The USE_ALT_FONT file was still in place and I could use all my additional fonts immediately but - for example - Linux Libertine was garbled. I installed again libfreetype wich seems to work well.

Then I installed the new JBPatch - which by itself doubles the pleasure of reading and is a conditio sine qua non before upgrading - and it works smoothly.

The Simple Screensaver also works.

Last edited by pirl8; 01-16-2013 at 11:42 AM.
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote