View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 06:56 AM   #68
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
As long as it's clearly indicated that an editor has made changes to the original to satisfy his/her sense of relevance/political correctness/semantics/let's not require children to think/whatever ... then I take no issue with the practice. But I'd prefer that the indication came in the form of giant flashing red letters so I can avoid those editions like the plague.
This is what editors do, DD; it's their job. They use their professional judgement to decide what changes to make to a book to make it more commercially saleable. They don't as a rule, include in the book a detailed list of precisely what changes they've made.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote