View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 04:49 PM   #11
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
Brian, it was your "So they give away the second book in the series" comment that made me think you didn't really think it was a good thing. I realize it's the vagaries of reading the written word rather than hearing the spoken word, but these days when I hear someone begin a sentence with "So" it's always in a sneering tone of voice. I apologize if this was not your intent. And your further comment "I mean free books in general are great but . . ." seemed to indicate that it wasn't so great in this instance. Again I apologize for misconstruing your meaning.

And you're correct that I messed up my comment about the exact numbering of which books were being offered, but my meaning was the same -- the free book is to get you interested so that you'll buy the next book in the series which they indicate will be available soon.

As for getting any other free books to post on their site, even though they're offered for free on other sites, that doesn't give another company the right to simply post it without getting permission from the publisher to do so. And it seems that this is where Sony is falling down compared to Amazon -- Either Sony doesn't care, or Amazon's greater marketing muscle has allowed them to dictate to publishers which books should be released to Sony and when.

But mostly this reply is to apologize for misunderstanding your previous message.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote