View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 01:10 PM   #1
blacknirvana
Connoisseur
blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Vox
Good Apps for the Kobo Vox

I was thinking people should start sharing which apps they have found work great on the Vox - I'll update this post as often as i can, but keep checking the newest replies if you want all suggestions.

Aldiko (ebook organiser) - A lot of people talking this one up, still have to try it myself.

Angry Birds - A classic that actually runs fine on the Vox, not as smooth as on some other tablets but very playable without problems.

Scrabble (pre installed) - Had to mention this, its fun and a good game to play when you are two persons travelling for example.

Dropbox - works great makes it easy to access your files on the go

(Suggested by user friktion)

Dolphin browser - the other browser Kobo is set up with crashed a few times. And yes, an A++ for Aldiko. (comment from JD Gumpy - I wouldn't recommend Dolphin HD any more - it's been caught harvesting URLs.)

The Kindle app, too. Works well, even downloads your "cloud" books.

ASTRO File Manager - See friktion's post further down on page 1

by sensualpoet

TuneIn Radio Pro - free at kobo.getjar.com and it's a pretty good radio finder / player that works without a hitch.

Opera Mobile Browser - (11.5.1 is current). It shows how powerful the hardware actually is, delivering good quality video in standard web pages. BBC News, Bloomberg, Al Jazeera all look incredible with it.

Last edited by blacknirvana; 11-01-2011 at 12:46 PM.
blacknirvana is offline   Reply With Quote