View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 01:20 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe Lemay View Post
Ok, so the library file is inter-compatible with different versions? When I download the new version I can just point him towards the library and he'll go "AH! Thank you, now I will load all of your prefferences and customizations!"

Right?
I have upgraded dozens of times. I have never uninstalled first. I just run the MSI file then start calibre. No need to point to anything, your settings are still there. The worse that has happened is the occasional preference is reverted back to its default.

Backing up your database on a regular basis is always a good idea and I strongly recommend you do that regardless of whether you're updating or not.

Update: I think if you are upgrading from a version older then 0.6.17 you must uninstall first, but otherwise you're fine.

Update 2: If you are happy and don't want to upgrade you can turn off the notification in Preferences - General at the top.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-02-2010 at 01:25 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote