View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 10:23 PM   #23
mogui
eNigma
mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.

Device: HTC G1 Android FBReader
Stupid woke up this morning to find another polite email from Sony Support. It was a repeat of previous emails, adding only Stupid's latest message to the thread. It suggested that, should a reply not be forthcoming within 48 hours, the support issue would be deemed closed. Since he or she had not gotten a call from them, he or she wondered if they had read the email containing Stupid's phone number. Stupid had seen headless chicken chatbots on the internet before. He or she wondered what his or her idol, Alan Turing, would do. Stupid decided to do a test, so Stupid inserted a new message into the response section of Sony Support's email and sent it back to them. Stupid thought that if a human were reading the emails, he or she would get an intelligent reply, but if the email was only seen by a machine, the reply would be a nonsensical repeat of previous emails from Sony Support. Stupid's reply follows:

"I first saw the Sony Reader discussed in a Mobileread forum. It made me want one for my own. Soon I was in Fry's with my money in my hand. Publicity on Mobileread is important to the ebook community. Readers look back over old posts to see what they should buy."

Stupid knows that Sony Corporation is just chock full of honest sincere people who want to do the right thing. Stupid understands the lengths to which Sony Corporation would go to maintain its reputation for prompt, helpful, friendly, honest, sincere -- yes, even healthy and brave customer support! Stupid believes Sony didn't get to be one of the world's top virtual entities by being lax careless, indifferent, torpid, foolish, arrogant and dishonest. Stupid is pregnant with anticipation!
mogui is offline   Reply With Quote