Thread: Kindle2
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 06:35 PM   #9
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
but I buy over 200 books / year at B&N - the reduced book price (20-30% minimum) pays for itself...
Alex, you and I are doing a heckuva job keeping B&N in business. I buy about the same number of books (about 85% in hardcover; the rest my wife buys in paperback) at B&N.

The book I'm currently salivating for and have on order from B&N is Abraham Lincoln: A Life by Michael Burlingame. I placed my order for it back in November and was able to snag the 2-volume set for $58 delivered (list price is $125 and current member price is $73.12). The reviewers (at least some of them) say that this is the definitive Lincoln biography to date.

And just to help B&N along, I have a dozen other books on order that will be published over the next 2 months. Now all I need to do is find time to read them all plus all the ebooks I have.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote