View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 01:47 PM   #29
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I don't have the Nook but did finally get to play with one today at Barnes & Noble. It served to reinforce the Astak Pocket Pro 5" was the right choice for me. I don't like the Nook. The buttons for turning the pages are VERY hard to push, and the device is heavy compared to the PP. I even like the size/shape of my PP better than Nook.

While it's neat to see the color book covers on the bottom of the Nook screen, I think I would have preferred a shorter device without the LCD.

Do I wish my PP had OTA capability? Meh...I wouldn't NOT use it if I had it. For me it wasn't a requirement. That's probably the only thing I would give the Nook points on over the PP.

All-in-all I'm very happy with my purchase. I was worried that once I got some hands on with the Nook I might have buyer's remorse. But I don't .

I predict that by this time next year I'll be ready for an upgrade and OTA capability will probably move higher up my list of "wants". All the things that made me choose the Astak PP are still very much valid. I'm pleased with my decision.

And then there was CES....
French is offline   Reply With Quote