View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 11:59 AM   #48
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacitana View Post
I find it rather interesting how, all of a sudden, so many people allegedly "knew" that iRex cannot succeed with their marketing strategies and customer service. I wonder if they would sing a different tune today had there not been the FCC delay (and observing how things and lobbies in the USA usually work, I'm ready to believe there was some intention (or foul play) on the part of the Americans to delay iRex sales...)
It does make you wonder what the FCC delay was about...Sony, Amazon with big readers coming to market around the same time? But I also wonder if IREX had got earlier FCC approval what their consumer marketing strategy would have been. Perhaps they were putting everything on their deal with Bestbuy in the US - which in itself would have made them very vulnerable. And what about European marketing - their resellers all seem to be small outfits and their direct selling operation was at best "low key" and at worst a shambles.

Having said that, I'm still happy that I bought my 800 when I did, and I still don't see anything that better meets my needs - just hope the wheels don't come off it because it's unlikely whatever happens there will be any warranty back-up from now on.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote