View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 07:03 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
New ebook reader -Simplicit.E.reader

One of MR's more observant members noticed that JCPenney is selling an ebook reader on its website. It's not listed as being in stock, and I spent some time Googling it.

We don't have much detail yet because so far as I can tell this device hasn't been announced yet. I found the company's website, but it's not up yet. I found it in the Google cache.

This is the detail we have so far:
  • 5" backlit color screen
  • Adobe DE support
  • 1GB memory
  • SD card slot
  • discount coupon for BooksonBoard
  • product description says it can "read books, play music and videos"

and it's showing a sale price of $129.99. If that price is for real then I might get one.

P.S. I'm attaching the JCPenney product page just in case it's taken down.

Update:
I believe the company behind the Simplicit is SPI Inc, a small tech company based in Dallas, Texas. It's not completely clear whether this company develops its products independently or re brands the products it licenses.

Second Update: I just heard back from Books on Board. Yes, that is their coupon. They were a little puzzled about why the product page was up. The last they had heard was that the device wasn't ready yet.The release had been pushed back until Spring.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	simplicit.JPG
Views:	907
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	39711  
Attached Files
File Type: zip ebookreader.zip (259.6 KB, 552 views)

Last edited by mtravellerh; 11-22-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote