View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 08:13 AM   #39
Psymon
Chief Bohemian Misfit
Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, ADE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
No offense, but then you didn't try hard enough. I got your words to break just by resizing the reading pane. That's why I told you, it won't work. Don't forget, that ridiculous two-page, fill-the-monitor view that ADE defaults to when it installs bears no relationship to how 99% of the population will see your book, which is in a reader-sized screen: 3.5" by 4.75" with a 1/4" margin all-around.
Oh, that's a bummer -- I just looked at again and resized the window(s), as you suggested, and see what you mean. Well, is there any other alternative to using "white-space: nowrap" that might do the trick for something like this, and keep those words together? I don't know of any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Those of us in the biz full-time do have all of those devices, I'm sorry to say. Somewhere around here is an image of two Maine Coons lounging on about $3K worth of devices, on a (relative to 10 devices and 35lbs of Maine Coons) small table next to my desk in the office.
I guess if you're doing this professionally, I could see that, but I just can't afford that (maybe if my book became a bestseller, though -- ha ha).

Well, my book does seem to work okay on the iPad (in iBooks, at least). How blasphemous is it to design for just one reader/platform?

Thanks again so much for your input!

Ron
Psymon is offline   Reply With Quote