View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 07:49 AM   #2
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
I suspect that it's down at the details of the USB protocol & I'd not like to guess which is doing the 'right' thing. I know that there's something about there being supposed to be some form of device negotiation to verify a particular level of protocol support before a device is allowed to try & use the max current that the specification allows, so maybe it's trying to do that & failing to get the response it expects.

Personally, I bought a cheap generic (i.e. non-Sony) PSP charger & use that, which has the advantages that it charges quickly & also allows me to read while it's charging.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote