View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 09:36 PM   #16
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
I used to try and clean up the html but in my opinion it's more work than is necessary, for my needs. I now take a big sledgehammer and delete all of the original css and replace it with my minimal css as explained here. After "fixing" the css this way all that crap just stops creating problems (although it requires self discipline to not look too much at their horrid html). I'll still remove those spans that are around every word or the classless ones around paragraphs, and I bold the chapter titles when they use p tags instead of h tags.
The I use my CSS as a toolchest it contains most of the styles I am likely to want. Then the last thing I do in cleaning up a book is to "Delete Unused CSS". In some books I might only use three or four rules. In a complex book, I might have to use most rules. I cannot remember having to use all the rules in my CSS in a single book.

Occasionally an ePub has rules not covered by my CSS. In this case I keep the original rules. Usually these relate to lists or tables.
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote