View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 02:17 PM   #296
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Yes, but the information/mappings that Kindle uses for page numbers are not part of the book itself (not inside a mobi file) nor is Kindle doing calculations like epub readers using Adobe reading software are doing... the info is contained within ".apnx" file which for Amazon bought books gets downloaded alongside the actual book (and contains "real page numbers" = mapped to certain printed edition) and for converted book Calibre can generate "fake page numbers" (as in approximation of number of pages based on chosen algorithm) and send it to Kindle over USB when it's sending the book itself. I don't recall if Calibre does that by default nowadays or if you must first turn that option on. See the screenshot below to where to find that option:

I'm using "Count Pages" Calibre plugin to calculate number of pages based on number of characters per page and put it in custom column "#pages" and I've set Kindle device plugin to use that column value when creating .apnx file.
shamanNS is online now   Reply With Quote