View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 07:54 AM   #72
MrFido
MrFido began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc 7HD, Kobo Arc 7, Kobo Vox
Compatible with Kobo Arc 7HD?

I'm sorry if this has been asked but I'm very confused and I can't seem to find any answer to this anywhere...

I have a Kobo Vox that has the Reading Life mode, which I really like. I can see all kinds of reading stats when I stop reading. I bought a Kobo Arc 7HD for my daughter and whether it's a sideloaded book or a book that came straight from Indigo, I can't find this Reading Life anywhere?!

I then learned about this plugin that I installed on my computer. I converted 2 sideloaded books to the kepub format with Calibre and I loaded them (send to device) on the Kobo Arc 7HD device but it was the same as before.

When I convert to kepub with Calibre, it says that the book is available in 2 formats: epub and kepub. If I want to send a specific format to the device, it doesn't offer kepub (which I think I read somewhere because I guess Calibre doesn't natively support this format), so once the ebook is formatted as an kepub, what exactly am I supposed to do with it? If I put the kepub file in a folder on the Kobo and try to import books, it doesn't find it.

Am I looking for something that doesn't exist anymore (and if so, why???), or am I doing something wrong? ANY help in understanding this will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by MrFido; 12-29-2013 at 07:55 AM. Reason: added a few words
MrFido is offline   Reply With Quote