View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 06:07 PM   #13
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneill View Post
I did not use web page to get the code. I tried it now but I have 5.1.0 firmware and web page shows only up to version 4.
There are no reports that the pw algorithm changed on newer kindles. It works on my 5.1.0 kindle. You can ignore that obsolete "up to" version statement on the web page.

Please try the PW web page to see if the PW for your serial number matches what you found with John. If the web page does not provide your kindle PW, please let us know. Thanks.

EDIT: The password web page INCORRECTLY reports fionaXXXX (4 hex digit) passwords, when default root passwords should ALWAYS be fionaXXX (3 hex digits). It does not hurt to type the extra digit, but it only adds to the confusion. Also, the mario password is not always tied to a specific firmware version. You should try it if the fionaXXX password does not work. When I reported the mario password and fionaXXX corrections to the website owner, he added them as additional OPTIONS, and arbitrarily tied them to specific versions, contrary to my suggestions (which only complicated the web page rather than simplifying it as I wanted). It is not under my control so I could not fix it myself.

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-17-2012 at 06:52 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote